Expand your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra XL. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen more than ever before by projecting a glow of light from the back of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the color and brightness of the light to match the TV picture. Thanks to the wall-adaptive function, the color of the light is perfect, regardless of your wall color.
Be enthralled by 3D movies in your own living room with the 3D Max. The combination of the fast display and Active shutter glasses bring real life depth in Full HD resolution. Now all 2D content can be experienced in 3D and you can even control the depth of the 3D to your liking. Your TV is ready for the 3D Max experience by adding the 3D Max glasses.
Experience unrivaled sharpness and clarity with Perfect Pixel HD Engine. Each pixel of the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels. The result is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colors, superior contrast, and smooth natural motion. Clean and razor sharp images come from artifact and noise detection and reduction in all content sources. The Full HD screen with 1920x1080 pixels produces brilliant flicker-free pictures with superb brightness.
Moth Eye is inspired by the perfection of natural evolution by using special nanostructures found in moth eyes helping them hide from predators, known as the most perfect anti-reflective surface. Those extraordinary properties extend the image contrast by deepening the blackness of dark tones, while increasing the lightness of bright elements without halos or reflections. Enjoy a true-to-life contrast with incredibly brilliant detail.
Experience the thrill of images with true to life brightness and blazing contrast with Bright Pro. Building on Philips award winning LED Pro, it enables a boosted light output for sections of the image, while maintaining ink-black dark sections. This provides both the unparalelled brightness, while the advanced, smart processing achieves up to 50% less energy use.
Full HD LED Pro delivers extreme contrast and the world's most vivid 3D images. Enjoy breathtaking pictures and use up to 50% less energy with Philips award winning LED Pro! In the thin display backlight, over 1000 LEDs generate the brightest white as well as the deepest black. Combined with the powerful Perfect Pixel HD Engine, the result is a stunning picture with extreme contrast, sharpness and vibrant colors.
1200Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for clear and vibrant images in fast action movies. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, Perfect Natural Motion and unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness
Philips SoundStage with 40W RMS output power has far more dynamism and power than anything heard on LCD TVs today. Now we can combine an ultra thin design with powerful TV sound. The TV stand houses an advanced ultra-thin speaker system. It combines deep, warm bass with excellent clarity. Also in wallmount position you can enjoy the excellent sound experience, thanks to advanced processing corrections. Enjoy great sound and a thin design.
Rent movies directly on your TV from online video stores, watch catch-up TV from your favorite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Net TV. You can also browse the open internet.
Share photos, music and movies through SimplyShare from your smart phone, tablet or computer and enjoy them on the big screen.
Control your TV in the easiest and most convenient way. Just connect a wireless keyboard or use your smart phone or tablet to control your Smart TV.
Record live digital TV on a USB connected to your Philips TV or pause content whenever you want to take a break and continue watching whenever you want. Use the Electronic Program Guide to find your favorite programs and easily schedule your preferred recordings. Now you can program your TV viewing around your life.
Enjoy movies, pictures, infotainment and other online content directly on your TV wirelessly. Simply connect the TV to your wireless home network with the easy wizard. Navigate the apps using the TV remote control and select from the rich offer of apps.
* 3D TV requires Accessory PTA516 (Active shutter glasses), a 3D compatible source device, and 3D source material.
* 3D Max two player gaming is only supported by 3D Max TVs with following set types: 58pfl9956, 46pfl9706, 37pfl9606, 52pfl9606, 46pfl8686, 40pfl8606, 46pfl8606, _pfl5507 (Eu), _pfl7007 (Eu), _pfl8007 (Eu), _pfl9x07
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services offering in your country.
* Wi-Fi Media connect: The playback of video can be affected by your PC speed and Wi-Fi bandwidth. For minimum and recommended system requirements go to www.philips.com/wifimediaconnect. Displays content with a delay of some seconds. Small differences of image and sound can occur.
* Parents should monitor their children during 3D viewing and ensure they do not experience any discomfort as mentioned above. Watching 3D is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as their visual system is not fully developed yet.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscripction are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* 8 days EPG, service not available in all countries
* USB recording only for digital channels covered by the TV IP bases Electronic Programme Guide (country and channel restrictions may apply), recordings may be limited by broadcast copy protection (CI+). An internet connection is required.
* Energy consumption in kWh per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
* This television contains lead only in certain parts or components where no technology alternatives exist in accordance with existing exemption clauses under the RoHS Directive.
* ISF and IMAGING SCIENCE FOUNDATION are Trade Marks owned by Isf Research Labs Llc Limited Liability Company
* For 2D games only.
* Ensure that the game console is connected to the HDMI connector of the TV.