With integrated Wi-Fi in your Philips TV, you can access a world of content with Smart TV wirelessly at home.
Rent movies directly on your TV from online video stores, watch catch-up TV from your favorite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Net TV. You can also browse the open internet.
Control your TV in the easiest and most convenient way. Just connect a wireless keyboard or use your smart phone or tablet to control your Smart TV.
Record live digital TV on a USB connected to your Philips TV or pause content whenever you want to take a break and continue watching whenever you want. Use the Electronic Program Guide to find your favorite programs and easily schedule your preferred recordings. Now you can program your TV viewing around your life.
With Wi-Fi smart screen* you are no longer tied to your couch, but free to watch any digital broadcast TV content wherever you like at home. Just download the Philips MyRemote App and push the program from your TV on your iPad and continue watching. Also, push photos, videos or music from your smart devices on the big screen. This is true freedom for your viewing experience!
Add a new dimension to your calls and share experiences with the people that matter to you, wherever they are. With Skype™ on your TV, make voice and video calls from your living room. Just plug in the provided Philips TV camera (PTA317/00) to your TV and enjoy excellent video and sound quality from the comfort of your couch.
Expand your viewing experience with Ambilight Spectra XL. This patented Philips technology enlarges the screen more than ever before by projecting a glow of light from the back of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. Ambilight automatically adjusts the color and brightness of the light to match the TV picture. Thanks to the wall-adaptive function, the color of the light is perfect, regardless of your wall color.
Enjoy stunning Full HD 3D clarity on your Philips TV. Using active 3D technology, 3D Max Clarity 700 offers an unrivaled 3D viewing experience in high resolution and with perfect motion sharpness. Even convert any 2D content into vivid and flawless 3D.
Watch your entire movie collection in vivid and flawless 3D – even old black-and-white classics. Philips offers real-time high-quality conversion of any 2D content at the push of a button. It ensures that subtitles are shown at a constant depth and that there are no errors such as the background appearing in the foreground.
Everyone perceives 3D differently. This is why Philips offers you the possibility of customizing the 3D depth level to your personal liking. The unique 3D depth adjustment allows you to choose the image depth that best suits the content on-screen and your personal preference. This also makes it more comfortable for your eyes. Now you can fully enjoy the 3D experience.
With Philips 3D glasses, your TV can deliver the ultimate Two Player Full Screen Gaming experience. In 2D two-player games, each gamer usually sees their game on half the screen. Using 3D technology, each player can now enjoy the game in 2D in full screen at the same time, with just a click of a button on the glasses.
Experience unrivaled sharpness and clarity with Perfect Pixel HD Engine. Each pixel of the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels. The result is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colors, superior contrast, and smooth natural motion. Clean and razor sharp images come from artifact and noise detection and reduction in all content sources. The Full HD screen with 1920x1080 pixels produces brilliant flicker-free pictures with superb brightness.
800Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) creates extreme motion sharpness for even clearer and more vibrant images in fast action movies. The new Philips PMR standard shows the combined visible effect of the fastest panel refresh rate, Perfect Natural Motion and unique processing formula, for unprecedented motion sharpness.
* Pointing functionality of remote control available via software update in autumn 2012
* Net TV: Visit www.philips.com/smarttv to discover the services offering in your country.
* Wi-Fi smart screen available via software update in autumn 2012
* Parents should monitor their children during 3D viewing and ensure they do not experience any discomfort as mentioned above. Watching 3D is not recommended for children under 6 years of age as their visual system is not fully developed yet.
* The TV supports DVB reception for 'Free to air' broadcast. Specific DVB operators may not be supported. An up to date list can be found in the FAQ section of the Philips support website. For some operators Conditional Access and subscripction are required. Contact your operator for more information.
* Energy consumption in kWh per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
* Typical on-mode power consumption measured according to IEC62087 Ed 2.
* USB recording only for digital channels (country and channel restrictions may apply), not on analog broadcast or external inputs. Recordings may be limited by broadcast copy protection (CI+).
* The device is suitable for the Hungarian terrestrial, open-access digital television broadcasting reception