Frequently Asked Questions
What is the function of the 'Scenea' feature in Home menu of Philips TV?
The Scenea feature enables you to display a photo/picture as TV wallpaper.
Before you can display a photo as TV wallpaper:
- Make sure that the location of your TV is set to [Home] mode in the [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Preferences] > [Location] menu
- This TV does not support background music in Scenea mode
Follow these steps to display the photo/wallpaper:
- Press the [Home] button on the remote control to display the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons [Up][Down][Left][Right] to select [Scenea] and press the [OK] button.
- The Scenea wallpaper will be displayed.
- For energy-efficient use, your TV will automatically set the [Smart Picture] mode to [Energy saving] when you use the Scenea feature.
- The TV will exit the Scenea mode when either of these events take place:
- When you press any button on the remote control
- If the TV detects another device
- A USB memory device is inserted
If you wish to set a photo as TV wallpaper:
- Before you perform this procedure, be sure that you have copied the picture (file size must not exceed 1MB) that you intend to use as wallpaper to a USB storage device
- The Scenea function only supports the use of images in the JPEG format
- The Scenea mode only allows the display of a selected picture and does not support the slideshow function
Follow these procedures to replace the wallpaper:
- Connect the USB memory device to the USB connector at the side of the TV.
- The USB content browser will be displayed.
- If the content browser is not displayed, press the [Home] button and select the [Browse USB] from the home menu.
- Select a picture in the USB memory device and press the [OK] button to display the picture in full screen.
- Press the [Options] button to display the options menu.
- Select [Set as Scenea] and press the [OK] button to confirm.
- The TV exist the options menu automatically and display the selected Scenea picture.
- Press the [Home] button to return to the home menu.
- Disconnect the USB memory device from the TV; otherwise the TV will display the pictures on the USB memory device rather than the selected Scenea picture.
- Turn on the Scenea feature from the home menu to display the new wallpaper.
- The picture will be displayed for 240 minutes before the TV will go into standby mode unless the sleep timer is switched on.
NOTE: If you perform a factory reset from the menu, the wallpaper will be reset to the default picture (a butterfly).